Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mothers Day in Florida

getting ready for church

view from the hotel was an awesome swamp

So after we got to Florida we were all so exhausted we grabbed some dinner checked into our hotel and went to bed. We woke up super early Sunday morning, CJ wanted to take us 2 hours away to go to church at a branch in a little town called Okeechobee. I had never been to a branch, and have lived in Utah my whole life well we walk in to be welcomed by 3 people who are asking us ?'s like where were from were we just visiting, and then having me write all our names down so they could introduce us in sacrament meeting. When CJ told them who he was most of them remembered him he had served there about 9 yrs ago on his mission. There was probably only 15 people there including us, the introduced us all by name, and my kids were the loudest ones there, I think were used to being drowned out by 30 other kids in our ward! I have to say it was an amazing experience to go to something like that, the people there were so sweet. I love the people in the church outside of Utah they just have this amazing spirit I don't know how to explain it, they are just so real! So we left after sacrament to head over to the west coast. CJ forgot my camera and I was soo sad because I really wanted pictures of this day. We drove about another 2 hrs. until we hit Sarasota FL. we went to Lido beach, met up with some of our friends there, had an amazing buffet with shrimp, prime rib, just tons of yummy amazing food our few was on like the 19th floor looking right over the Gulf Coast it was awesome! After lunch our family headed to the beach. It was the nicest beach I have ever been to. The water felt like a warm bath tub, we played for hours then went back to the hotel and swam in the pool until the sun sat it was the best mothers day ever!! Thank you Ivan and sis. P and CJ I loved it so much!!
Sunset picture on Lido beach taken with my phone

No comments:

Post a Comment