Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BIG egg breakfast








This last weekend we went to Zion to go on a hike and get away from everything. Well on our way there we saw a sign advertising ostrich eggs for sale. CJ asked if he could buy one on the way back sure I told him whatever I figured it couldn't be that much for an egg so whatever. Well we had a blast in Zion we took our neighbors twin boys that are the same age as Jaeden and have blond hair like Jaeden, so while we were hiking with 5 kids 6 and under we were getting some funny stares. Finally some guy said, are they triplets? Are you crazy!?! Ha ha I guess I got to see how Lisa lives for just one afternoon. :) We left in time for a St Patricks parade they had in Springdale. We sat at the start of the parade where there were few people, so the kids got loads of candy. They had so much fun the parade added that much more to it. So we headed for home and CJ remembered about that egg he wanted, we pulled in just as a lady was leaving she asked if we wanted an egg we told her we wanted to buy one for CJ to eat. We grabbed our egg for $12 and were off for home again the whole way home CJ couldn't get over the size of this egg, Treyson wouldn't stop crying because he wanted to hold the egg, I think he thought it was a ball so every time he would see it he would scream! Well for Sunday breakfast they made green eggs and ham out of this HUGE egg CJ drilled the egg on both sides, blew out the inside can you believe how much stuff was in it? It filled up the whole Tupperware bowl. Sick I know so after it was hollowed we let Treyson play with the egg. He loved it! Until he threw it on the tile and broke the egg! Then it was back to screaming because I took the egg and threw it away. So this egg fed CJ, Jaeden, Avery, Treyson, and the neighbors. I myself would not try the thing no mater what everyone else said! But I guess it was a fun experience for the family!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would have tried it either!

    And you could only experience what how I live if you had thrown in that at least 3 of the 5 kids under the age of 6 were screaming as well!! :P

    ReplyDelete