Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Domesticated

So for about the last year I have been really interested in learning how to do the housewife, homemaking things. I was thinking of my dad dying so early, and it kind of scared me to think if anything happened to my mom I wouldn't have learned all the things I needed or wanted to know how to do. So I decided I would try hard to learn the things I love that my mom can do. So I started with baking bread, if any of you have had my moms bread you know what I mean. (CJ told my mom she couldn't die until I had learned that one) Well I can now make bread, so the second was to sew, I started easy with little pajamas and things like that. I have now made pj's, slippers, blankets, skirts, hemmed CJ's pants, and a few other projects. Well I decided I wanted to make Avery a skirt. I needed some knit material which I usually go "borrow" from my moms house but she isn't home right now so I went looking through our closets since it is just T-shirt material I found a shirt that CJ doesn't wear and decided to chop it up. I ended up making a skirt, leggings, and bow all out of that one shirt! I am so proud of myself and I did it with only a little help on the phone from my mom. Thanks mom for learning these talents so that you could pass them on to your children. I am really so impressed by the so many things my mom can do, and I hope that I can learn a few of these things from her!

3 comments:

  1. So if I bring down a t-shirt will you make some for Ellie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're mom can do so many things...she's down here sewing away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Darcee keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete